Laila Berzins Voice Overs
Gravitas. Adaptable. Unique.
Animation Voice Over That Chitters, Giggles, and Roars Off the Page
Laila Berzins is a big kid at heart, whose love for cartoons is apparent – whether she’s watching or voicing them! eLearning, explainers, commercials, cartoon TV shows, and animated blockbuster films require a variety of characters and delivery styles that Laila is happy to provide. Whether she’s selling a story, a product, or a concept, Laila’s unique character voices are full of intrigue and tell an engaging story. At the same time, they immerse children and adults in an animated world of bold lines and colors.
Her reliable, professional voice over stays in tune with the character of the script, AND she can even sing! With her experience and versatility, she adds depth to her characters, peeling back hidden layers and dimensions across episodes.
Writers and animators crave the freedom to stretch their creative muscles without worrying about the performance. Laila is the dynamic voice over artist with that range. As an animal, creature, and character voice over specialist, Laila’s critters don’t just speak, squeak, and cackle, they come alive.
Laila Berzins the Animal, Creature, and Character Specialist
Laila’s insane range means she can act out a myriad of different characters, creatures, and animals, bringing different voices, personalities, and quirks to each one. From loveable and daring old frogs like Mrs. Croaker in Disney’s Amphibia to vulnerable and misunderstood villains, like Sofia Falcone in Batman the Long Halloween Part 2.
Laila has a strong background in theatre, improv, stand-up, and a passion for both the dramatic and comedic side of animation voice over. As such she is often hired for multiple roles in one project. She is THE adaptable character actress, who at times can portray:
- Classic grey-haired grannies with kind advice and cookies, intrepid and battle-hardened grannies with warriors’ words and tough exteriors.
- Husky and alluring female voice over, a seductress, an enigma with an edge.
- Androgynous, boys and teen voice over, even a deep, graveled voice of an adult male cab driver straight out of the Bronx.
- Adorable and strange voice over animals and creatures. Monsters with a rumble or a hiss that terrifies. Fluffy nothings that chitter with bright optimism and magic, or realistic creature voices that tumble the viewer into a new world.
- Lovable goofballs with a Leslie Jones/Melissa Mccarthy Style BIG personality and a knack for making you chuckle.
- Badass villains, a classic cackle, and a malevolent laugh to send shivers creeping up the audience’s back.
- Dashing heroes and heroines. Caped crusaders and primary protagonists on a hero’s (or heroines) journey. The good guy (or gal), complex characters with twisted backstories and moral grey areas that make the audience love them all the more.
- A nurturing, caring mom, or devilishly power-hungry one. The voice over of mummish reason or the harassed “I’m going to lose it right now” mom we all know and love.
Creatures Voice Over Specialist - Monsters - Demons - Zombies- ADR/Looping
Creature voice over is a specialized skill, and Laila is one of the few women in LA that excels in this genre. You can hear her in a variety of creature roles for Feature Films like “Black Adam”, “Shazam!”, TV Shows like The Exorcist on Fox, video games like The Last of Us 2, and cartoons like The Descendants. From small and chittering, to large and ferocious, or downright spooky, she is Laila – NOT afraid to ROAR!
Animal Voice Over Specialist - cat, dog, chimpanzee, wolf, crow, birds, sheep, goat, and more!
In addition to being able to voice a variety of characters and accents in cartoons and games, Laila loves being hired to voice animals! Such fun! Filling barnyards in cartoons like Shaboom! Or baby animals in video games or animated shows like Puppy in My Pocket, let’s take a walk on the wild side! Owoooo!
Fun and Dynamic Cartoon Voice Over
Disney, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, and Cartoon Network have all trusted Laila to bring her humor, professionalism, and versatility to their scripts. Each of her characters has a unique identity, that recognizable quality that lets the audience know who’s talking even if they close their eyes. From wild and wonderful anime characters to more traditional, classic cartoon mimicry, and unique quirky characters, Laila makes casting a breeze, with a range of accents and dialects that shine in any project, including:
- Southern US
- And Gibberish
Emotional Impact and Catchy Tunes with Laila’s Animation Singing
Comic relief, the pivotal ‘I want song’, a heart-wrenching moment or sales pitch…animation and singing have been best buds since the beginning. Laila’s background in professional choruses and A Capella groups makes her the ultimate voice over, singer, actress triple threat… and she’s a comedian so she can even be funny about it.
Laila’s alto, tenor to mid soprano range graced venues from Carnegie Hall to the 2008 pre-Olympic cultural festival in Beijing. From ballads and pop to jingles and rap, she’s a versatile singer that can sustain songs in her natural alto voice or in a variety of unique character voices. She can read music, and knock parodies out of the park. Add a little ‘la la la Laila’ to any animated or cartoon singing project, in a variety of languages:
Real and Versatile Animation Voice Over That Tells a Story
Laila can weep with fear or sadness one second, and the next she can laugh as though she’s never cried before. It’s all in the voice over personality, the nuances. A yell, or a menacing whisper, a yelp, or a whimper. She can pull out the sounds, the characters, and the performance, changing direction on the spot. Honing her delivery to character situations, motivations, and growth, Laila’s vocal shoe always fits the character’s foot. Ready to find out more? Listen to Laila’s demos or contact her today to find the perfect sound for your animation project.